Not open for further replies.

BAPE Phrases and Acronyms

87K views 233 replies 64 participants last post by  Dirtybirdz04 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Nigo
Founder of Nowhere, Ltd.
Founder of A Bathing Ape and all its subsidiaries

NOWHERE
The title of the original BAPE flagship store, founded in 1993 in Harajuku, Japan; no longer in existance

BAPEXCLUSIVE
The more recent "Mother" store of BAPE; replaced the original NOWHERE store
The second floor contains the BAPEGALLERY, a collection of dead stock items by A Bathing Ape

BWS
Busy Works Shop... Although, now no "s" is used with very few exceptions; also used in discontinued "Busy Works Transit Authority" bags from the New York flagship store

Busy Works
Used by Nigo to refer to the working class that makes up Japan; the "busy working class hero"

NFS
Nigo's Favorite Shop

ASNKA
Ape Shall Never Kill Ape

OG
Original, Olde, used to describe original camo prints, use to denote any BAPE product from 1993 to 2000 (roughly)

P.O.N.R.
Point of no Return

WGM
World Gone Mad

NIGOLDENEYE
A new series produced by MTV Japan centering around the life and collections of Nigo

http://www.mtvjapan.com/special/nigoldeneye/

Ape Generals
Phrase seen in many BAPE tees and sweatshirts, often appearing with characters from Planet of the Apes

BAPE x KAWS
A concurring collaboration between BAPE and the popular graffiti artist KAWS, using his cartoon-like characters; mostly incorporated into Baby Milo designs

KAWS Blog

"Gen."
Used to describe different "generations," rather, years of styles or designs

DS
Dead stock items; items no longer produced

VNDS
Very near dead stock; sellers often use multiple V's to express an item's quality

Pondon
Arguably the most popular legitimate BAPE eBay reseller

Stay246 or "Stay"
A popular Japanese reseller of BAPE, stocking many other Japanese-based brands including NBHD
http://www.stay246.jp

CliffEdge or "Cliff"
Another popular Japanese reseller of BAPE and other Japanese-based brands
http://www.cliffedge.co.jp

Yahoo! Japan or YJP
Yahoo!'s take on eBay; provides many legitimate sources of BAPE and BBC resale... this is not to imply that they do not vend counterfeit articles
http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/

BAPESTA
Used to describe the BAPESTA shoe resembling the Nike Air Force 1
Commonly used to describe Nigo's trademark "sta[r]" logo

ROADSTA
A more recent shoe design resembling the Nike Air which contains an "air pocket" embedded in the heel

Louis Vuitton Millionaires
A collaboration between Nigo, Pharrell Williams, and Marc Jacobs; also referred to as "Millies"

(B)Ape Head
One who shows a genuine love of A Bathing Ape, mostly by often wearing the brand

(B)Ape Sounds
The record label created by Nigo in conjunction with James Lavelle and the Mo'Wax label

Footsoldier
A logo and once store affiliated with BAPESTA and ROADSTA shoes produced by A Bathing Ape

ABC Camo
Denotes "Ape Basic Camo" designs produced in green, blue, and pink camo color way sets

Multi Camo
Also referred to as "Cotton Candy" camo

Psychedelic Camo

Jacquard Camo
A subtle camo; also referred to as "Hidden" camo

Notable BAPE Collaborations

KAWS
Marvel Comics
DC Comics
Cycles
Burton
Unkle
Skatething
NBHD
Stash
W)Taps
Carhartt
Hello Kitty
N.E.R.D.
MTV*
Alife
Disney*
Supreme
Louis Vuitton
Tatami
Undercover
Porter
GORE-TEX
3M
Andy Warhol (Artist)
Adidas
Number (N)ine
Nakata Net
Nintendo
Jacob & Co.
Versace
Beastie Boys
Scarface
Daft Punk
Being John Malcovich (Movie)
Jay-Z
LB
Cornelius
Schadaraparr
Pepsi
Converse
Kanye West
Obey Giant
Futura
Tenderloin
Medicom
Cheri
Billionaire Boys Club
SpongeBob
24 Hour Television

BAPE x Disney

BAPE x MTV Asia

Please, help to make this list larger! There are probably a bunch of things that are in my head but just don't want to be remembered for some reason.

See less See more
#53 ·
These should be sticky'd.Damn i miss the days were not evryone knew about Bape,and those that wore it only bought real shit.And when only a handfull of rappers knew about Bape (biggie use to wear Bape)

#64 ·
add what nigo's name means

Nigo =number two

his real name Tomoaki Nagao

#65 · (Edited)
dj: yeah seriously i can always tell when pics are yjp cause they are so bad, lol

nice pic though:eek:

and if i think of any other bape things to add i wil let you know:D

edit: deadstock does NOT mean no longer produced. it means brand new never tried on items.

edit again: funthera militia means panther army, or you can call it tiger army. but it means panther army

#67 ·
:D
dj: yeah seriously i can always tell when pics are yjp cause they are so bad, lol

nice pic though:eek:

and if i think of any other bape things to add i wil let you know:D

edit: deadstock does NOT mean no longer produced. it means brand new never tried on items.

edit again: funthera militia means panther army, or you can call it tiger army. but it means panther army
actually it used to mean no longer produced, but over the years sneaker heads have associated it with being New or never worn, and therefore the meaning of it has changed over time, just like the word Gay.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.