BapeTalk: A Bathing Ape banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone looking for some advice about leather care for my BBC Varsity jackets. I got a few varsity Jackets with white leather arms (including my new purchases, BBC Season 1 Varsity Jacket & BBC EVA Jacket)

Can anyone recommend the best way to maintain the white leather arms. I know that leather is dead skin and if it is not maintained it starts to crack. The amount of money Ive paid for each jacket, the last thing I need is cracked leather!!

Can anyone recommend any tips or products used on their white leather jackets. I don’t want to use any shop bought product because I know that some products ruin white leather by either
1) Staining the colour;
2) Peeling away the white coating

If anyone can give some tips, it would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
You can get skin grease if your leather gets dry. That would only happen if the leather gets realy wet to often and not dried off after. Just take good care of it, wipe dry after rain et.c and wipe off stains with a faily moist cloth - not wet. And do it as soon as possible after you spot the stain.
Skin grease will most likely change the color a bit from the original. Changes are different depending on the dye, quality and type of leather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone looking for some advice about leather care for my BBC Varsity jackets. I got a few varsity Jackets with white leather arms (including my new purchases, BBC Season 1 Varsity Jacket & BBC EVA Jacket)

Can anyone recommend the best way to maintain the white leather arms. I know that leather is dead skin and if it is not maintained it starts to crack. The amount of money Ive paid for each jacket, the last thing I need is cracked leather!!

Can anyone recommend any tips or products used on their white leather jackets. I don’t want to use any shop bought product because I know that some products ruin white leather by either
1) Staining the colour;
2) Peeling away the white coating

If anyone can give some tips, it would be much appreciated
white leather can actually be quite easy to clean using a gentle touch along with the right products. It’s important to use a gentle cleanser on a white leather jacket, because you don’t want to damage the finish. Find baby shampoo, pet shampoo or any other gentle cleanser that’s pH balanced to wipe the surface down with.
If your white leather jacket needs to be deodorized or has mildew damage, mix a solution of one part white vinegar to three parts water. Make sure you do a spot test, before you wipe the leather down with a dampened washcloth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts