BapeTalk: A Bathing Ape banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on maintaining shoes? I'm new to the shoe game and i have about 3 pairs of bapestas.

Wondering what cleaning solutions etc. i should do to keep them in quality

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
what i use is an old toothbrush with the bottom end sharpened, cold water and industrial grade / heavy duty soap. like the kind mechanics use to clean their hands from all the grease and car oil.

soak shoes, use the pointed end to dig out pebbles / dirt etc, scrub with brush in water. then lather up the soap and circular motion scrub all over the sole of the shoe and up the sides.
basically i scrub everywhere my shoes have made contact with anything. ie; walking, scraping things etc.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Any ideas on maintaining shoes? I'm new to the shoe game and i have about 3 pairs of bapestas.

Wondering what cleaning solutions etc. i should do to keep them in quality
What type of leather? For normal hard leather just use Cif or any other white bathroom cleaner, works fine on Bapesta`s and Nikes. Wont work on Suede or soft leather as its abrasive and will ruin them.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
lol @arse
sounds like a jailhouse laundry mat... industrial soap and sharpen toothbrushes.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
lol only the last part..
about washing shoes where they have made contact with anything

·
Registered
690 Posts
never thought sneakers were ever too important to clean like that. all I do is lightly dampen a paper towel and wipe off any dirt that might be on them before putting them away in their box

·
Registered
1 Posts
The surfaces should be kept as dry as possible and cleaned with a soft-bristled brush after every wearing to remove loose dust and soil. Treat stains as quickly as possible. Marks and scuffs: Gently rub with a pencil eraser and then brush to restore the nap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts